banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

National Drink Wine Day - Tuesday February 18, 2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Drink Wine Day - Tuesday February 18, 2020

While February 18 is observed annually as National Drink Wine Day, it would be a shame to celebrate only one day a year. Perhaps this day is just a reminder to drink wine.

Wine does have its benefits after all. Moderate drinkers of wine have lower risks of liver disease, type II diabetes, certain kinds of cancers, heart attack and stroke. It also can reduce the bad cholesterol (LDL) and increase the good (HDL).

Drinking wine includes other benefits as well. When paired with the right meal, it enhances the flavors of spices, fruits, and sauces. A glass of wine helps relax us. Learning about wine keeps our minds sharp, too. Since the fruits, regions and the making of wine have such a complex story, those who delve into find themselves traveling to learn more. Wine can take

About 7 minutes.
    Title: Leadership survey, 15 minutes, $3.50(~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
    Requester: Darja Kragt [A1U75Z0PUEN9BA] (Req TV): $24.61/hr/hr
    (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
    Description: Only open to current supervisors, only laptop or desktop computers
    Time: 1 hour(s) 30 minutes(s)
    HITs Available: 22
    Reward: $3.50
    Qualifications: Exc: [6314069-196746] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In AUNZUS; TP Panel: -289194157 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95;

Comment

• WhoCouldItBe
      WhoCouldItBe commented
      Editing a comment
      Already approved as well.

Yesterday I sent a message to the requester who failed me due an attention check again. I told them I would escalate to their IRB if I didn't hear back this time. Needless to say, I had a reply from the requester within a few hours. Funny how that works, though also sad. Her story changed, and yes I did pass the attention check, but my fast reading apparently wasn't okay with her, so she failed me for reading a page of text too fast, and then you know, still being able to complete the survey easily and discuss the entire point of it to her. At that point I was just annoyed. She didn't bother replying until I said I would go her IRB, then her story changed about why it was rejected. So I forwarded the message along with another message to her IRB. I sort of felt bad, but I don't want to deal with her anymore. Her official rejection rule was proved incorrect so she changed it. Nope. So hopefully the IRB can deal with it for me. I've never fought a rejection so hard, but I KNEW I didn't fail it.

Comment

• Fisherman
      Fisherman commented
      Editing a comment
      Good Job

• hitforbrains
      hitforbrains commented
      Editing a comment
      You did the right thing by persisting. How else would things ever get changed?

Good Morning Everyone...so, I quit drinking all soft drinks over the weekend. I hate tea, and don't drink coffee. I was at about 3-4 per day for the last 40 years or so. I feel really tired, headaches...etc., which I expected. I took 3 naps yesterday and had a full night's sleep...won't be able to keep the naps up and still get work done though. I think I'll give it a month and see how it goes. If I'm not able to burn holes through walls with my eyes by then...it probably wasn't worth it. I might be shooting too high, but I like massive payoffs for massive efforts.

Comment

• Fisherman
      Fisherman commented
      Editing a comment
      WhoCouldItBe Sweetheart Kizzy hitforbrains ProtectorOfKittens @mominavan

Thank You all for your support on this. I've always been a very non-habitual person...I think I'm the only one. All of my life I've just been able to drop things that others struggle with. Now, that's good and bad things...I just don't form habits. I don't drink, or smoke, nor do I exercise, or eat healthy. Total truth here...in my eyes, green is not a color that food should be...and spoons are obsolete. All greens taste like grass to me. Now, I'm not saying that I don't have withdrawals from things, I do, but they never make me want to go back. Odd story, and you might not believe it, but I actually skipped 83 meals in a row once...lost about 25lbs. that was it.

• hanzuh
      hanzuh commented
      Editing a comment
      Proud of you! Quitting soft drinks is so important for your health. It will take a while for your body to adjust, but it will be worth it.

• USMarineVet
      USMarineVet commented
      Editing a comment
      There was a time when all I drank was soda. I'm talking 8-10 cans a day. Started to gain weight and the heavier I got the more I craved it. Saw it getting out of hand so I switched over to those sugar free drinks. You know the powdered drinks with the artificial sweetener. They weren't at all as bad as I thought they'd be. Pretty tasty for that matter. Anyway, the weight flew off faster than it went on. Cut out the sugar and get a decent amount of exercise and you're good to go. Even walking will do the trick. But yeah, limit the soda. Every once in a while is ok but too much sugar is no bueno.

Look what showed up today!

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from The Choice Lab for work related to 385MDVINFCPIJ57UJNLF8UHWPODWJ6.

The value of your bonus is: $23.50 USD

The Requester included this note:

Production task with bonus opportunities

Comment

• librarian50
      librarian50 commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't get one either, but it could still be on the way!

• mominavan
      mominavan commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine wasn't as good as yours, but I am still very pleased starting my day like this.

You've received a bonus from The Choice Lab for work related to 3D3B8GE89213TKXKLPG7R6VX0U9P90.
      The value of your bonus is: $9.75 USD

• deviturker
      deviturker commented
      Editing a comment
      Great job.

Mine was nowhere near that large and definitely not worth that long of a wait, but it was a nice start:

You've received a bonus from The Choice Lab for work related to 3D3B8GE89213TKXKLPG7R6VX0U9P90.
      The value of your bonus is: $7.75 USD

Good morning!

Comment

Title: Small usability task & feedback on a website/app prototype. (~7 minute) | PANDA
      Requester: Maze [A1D8RNWK41HDVE] (Req TV): N/A
      (TO): [Pay: 3.16] [Fair: 2.43] [Comm: 2.21] [Fast: 3.73]
      Description: You will see small screenshots from an app or a website and you have small challenges to execute. Earn ~$0.20 per minute
      Time: 1 hour(s) 10 minutes(s)
      HITs Available: 1
      Reward: $0.80
      Qualifications: None;

Comment

Good Morning Guys and Gals

Comment

Good morning all. Fisherman I stopped drinking pop about 30 years ago. Not because I was drinking too much - I just didn't like the taste. Since then, on the rare occasion that I have had as little as half a glass of pop I get an instant headache, and really jittery. It makes me wonder what they put in that stuff in addition to a ton of sugar.

Comment

• Kizzy
            Kizzy commented
            Editing a comment
            It is scary when you see how much you crave that stuff. I know I was getting up in the morning and driving to the store if I thought I didn't have enough Pepsi. That is why I quit I hate it controlling me like that.

Title: Collaboration Game. Bonus of $0-$8.50Accept
          Requester: Yale Institute for Network Science [A2CGQ5942WIRAV] Contact
          TV: $20.09/hr TO: 4.06
          Reward: $3.00
          Duration: 01:30:00
          Available: 1
          Description: This is an experiment that involves collaborating with a partner on a puzzle. It will take 30-45 minutes, and pays out $3 to each player for completion and a bonus based on puzzle performance. This HIT is time sensitive, so please start it as soon as you accept it.
          Qualifications: None

Comment

Title: Understanding Emotions Study(~ 30 minutes)Accept
            Requester: Maria Gendron [A13ZEW6IBJ86PS] Contact
            TV: $30.96/hr TO: 5.00
            Reward: $4.80
            Duration: 01:00:00
            Available: 2
            Description: Participate in an experiment about emotions.
            Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; TP Panel: 1434636100 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [-670511053-196503] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

Comment

Morning All

Bear, so this is where you vacation - lucky Bear:

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2...-bear-wildlife

Comment

• Bear
                Bear commented
                Editing a comment
                No, that's where I live. Like to vacation in Tahiti.

• Valley
                Valley commented
                Editing a comment
                Ahhh, don't blame you, the winters in Alaska are a bit much, even with a fur coat on

• witch1
                witch1 commented
                Editing a comment
                I want to move to Alaska so badly, but, property is so expensive there.

OTTO caught a Honey Lab $5.00 Attention Task.

Looks like I've already done it, so I'll be returning at 9:30EST.

Comment

• Sweetheart
                Sweetheart commented
                Editing a comment
                Otto caught that for me, too. I wonder how long it takes. Nevermind, I've already done it too. Just returned it.

• Kizzy
                Kizzy commented
                Editing a comment
                OTTO caught it, you have already done it. Darnit!

• shirtlesshockey
                shirtlesshockey commented
                Editing a comment
                i caught the tossback, and i hadn't done it before so thanks guys

Has anyone worked on the Allen NLP Asking follow-up questions HIT that pays $4.00? Is it worth the effort?

Comment

• TurknShop
                TurknShop commented
                Editing a comment
                I'll let you know as soon as I do it. It's sitting in my queue.

• hitforbrains
                hitforbrains commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks!

• TurknShop
                TurknShop commented
                Editing a comment
                I ended up returning it because I had a hard time wrapping my brain around it with the passages I was given. But you can refresh and get new ones, which I didn't do. Oh well. Usually, though, I think his HITs are worth it.

Good morning, everyone!

Comment

Working...
              X