banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

Happy Mardi Gras! - Tuesday February 25, 2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Mardi Gras! - Tuesday February 25, 2020

Get some beads, get some alcohol, take a road trip to New Orleans, or just stay home and pretend you're doing all those things. Either way, happy Mardi Gras.

Well luckily nobody is around and noticed the complete train wreck of a time I just had trying to add a link to an imgur picture. Spoiler: It didn't work.

If someone can explain how the add a link option works, that'd be great. Because usually you throw your link it, and it works. This link works, until I add it there, then it goes to straight to imgur instead of the picture. Same link as below. I. Don't. Get. It.

Anyway, Xlab now does attention checks I think. Found this little gem that made me smile. I chose "Likely" of course.

https://i.imgur.com/r3BkgbG.png

Comment

• Fisherman
      Fisherman commented
      Editing a comment
      Try un-checking "Retrieve remote file and reference locally"

• WhoCouldItBe
      WhoCouldItBe commented
      Editing a comment
      Fisherman - I'll give that a try next time. I kept trying and trying, and could not figure it out. I'm gonna save this bit of information for next time. Thanks!

Looks like a 50 max batch.
    Title: Evaluate if relations are correct based on the image | PANDA
    Requester: xlab research [A3IN1JY2L1NKWL] (Req TV): $20.93/hr/hr
    (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
    Description: For each list of relations, determine if they are likely to happen based on the image.
    Time: 1 hour(s)
    HITs Available: 50
    Reward: $0.10
    Qualifications: vcr2eval GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; vcr2events DoesNotExist ; Location In AUCAGBUS; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98;

Comment

Happy Tuesday! Those 50 xlab evaluations were a nice way to start out the day!
      Names have been drawn for the Our Hit Stop Gift Exchange. Don't forget to send a gift by December 21!.

Comment

• WhoCouldItBe
        WhoCouldItBe commented
        Editing a comment
        Right? I am a little sad that there is a 50 max though. I could have done thousands of those. The last eval batch I did 1,200 the first day. I'm hoping since the email stated you have to do well to the keep qual, maybe after they review, limits will be lifted. Fingers crossed at least.

Good Morning early birds!

Comment

Good morning!

Comment

Title: You Be The Judge: Legal Decision Survey (<10 mins) | PANDA
          Requester: Nick Camp [A2NORX60WEJVCL] (Req TV): N/A
          (TO): [Pay: 3.03] [Fair: 4.33] [Comm: 2.60] [Fast: 4.48]
          Description: In this HIT, you will read information about different court cases and recommend sentences
          Time: 3 hour(s)
          HITs Available: 20
          Reward: $1.25
          Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 0; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Good morning! Yesterday and today Daisy caught the zoomies right after her walk....I guess her perfect bedtime is around 9!
            Positive as f*&%! Be happy and everything else is a breeze!

Comment

Title: A 10-minute Study on Consumers' Perceptions of Luxury Hotels | PANDA
              Requester: Mahsa [A3D79BKC8VW6HE] (Req TV): $-/hr
              Description: A Study on Consumers' Perceptions of Luxury Hotels (10-minute study)
              HITs Available: 1
              Reward: $0.80
              Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Title: An study about online shopping behaviour(~ 8 minutes) | PANDA
                Requester: Xiaolu Zhang [A14JTMIGTIZFF0] (Req TV): $20.49/hr/hr
                (TO): [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 5.00]
                Description: survey
                Time: 30 minutes(s)
                HITs Available: 3
                Reward: $0.80
                Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 10000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 85; Location In US;

Comment

Title: Participate in an academic study and receive $0.50 | PANDA
                  Requester: Christilene du Plessis [A3TP9STR90YQLZ] (Req TV): $17.61/hr/hr
                  (TO): [Pay: 4.50] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 5.00]
                  Description: Participate in a task that will take around 5 mins to complete
                  HITs Available: 67
                  Reward: $0.50
                  Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Title: Five part English language study(~ 20 minutes) | PANDA
                    Requester: Briana Chang [A1PDD7NNUS1A84] (Req TV): $128.57/hr/hr
                    Description: Complete English language activities 2x/week for 2 weeks
                    HITs Available: 3
                    Reward: $5.00
                    Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [198716048-199829] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;

Comment

• hanzuh
                      hanzuh commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Did anyone do this yesterday?

• CrazyCatLady
                      CrazyCatLady commented
                      Editing a comment
                      hanzuh I did it just now an got a rejection -- so confused.

• hanzuh
                      hanzuh commented
                      Editing a comment
                      CrazyCatLady Oh thank god! I got a rejection too and I was very confused as to how did I manage to screw that up!

Title: Word Reading Test | Accept
                    Requester: Tom Langford [A2RTZCCNWMH4SH] Contact
                    TV: No Reviews
                    TO: No Reviews
                    TO2: No Reviews
                    Reward: 2.50
                    Duration: 1:00:00
                    Available: 1
                    Description: A quick 5-10 minute reading test matching single words to pictures
                    Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Comment

So does anyone know how long it should take for an IRB to respond? I'm still trying to dispute my Team Monique rejection. Sent them an email last Monday, heard nothing. Sent a follow up email yesterday, nothing. Do they just not bother replying sometimes? That seems ridiculous. This rejection is really irking me for so many reasons.

Comment

• WhoCouldItBe
                        WhoCouldItBe commented
                        Editing a comment
                        shirtlesshockey - Seriously? But I got a... wait. I just checked. It was someone else who ended up replying and not actually Monique, so, I will forward the message onto that email. Thanks. Did you get the same issue as I did where they said you didn't stay on the page long enough for reading? I was fairly pissed about that.

• shirtlesshockey
                        shirtlesshockey commented
                        Editing a comment
                        WhoCouldItBe i got the rejection for missing an attention check. but i use a browser add-on, and i take screenshots of the attention checks so i can send it to the requester's, just in case. Sent them to her, proving i passed the attention checks, then they overturned it. That is a weird reason to reject you for though, hope you get it overturned

• WhoCouldItBe
                        WhoCouldItBe commented
                        Editing a comment
                        shirtlesshockey - I agree it was a weird reason. I was able to point out the exact attention to them and even remembered the exact number to slide the slider too, and then she changed her story. I was fairly annoyed by that. Plus, nobody replied until I threatened to contact their IRB. I'm hoping that Monique Turner actually replies and reverses it. What browser add-on do you use? Because that's a great idea.

Title: Sign up to play Urbanizer at 10 am ET today | PANDA
                      Requester: LSE Social Research Lab [A27L6Z6PBCE04Y] (Req TV): $47.67/hr/hr
                      Description: Sign up to participate in a well-paid and fun research study on decision making. The study involves playing a multi-player online game. We will e-mail you with details.
                      Time: 10 minutes(s)
                      HITs Available: 1
                      Reward: $0.50
                      Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; Location In CAUS; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; New Urbanizer player DoesNotExist ;

Comment

Working...
                      X