banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

Spring Forward HITs Sunday March 8, 2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Forward HITs Sunday March 8, 2020

William F. Shughart II, Opinion contributor
    USA TODAY OpinionMarch 6, 2020
    Congress should take action

Legislation has been introduced in several states, including Utah, California and Florida, to stop the craziness by adopting DST year-round. Because such policies are inconsistent with the Uniform Time Act of 1966 (15 U.S.C. §§ 260-64), congressional approval is required, however. While it’s permissible to adopt “standard” time year-round, as Arizona, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and U.S. Pacific Territories have done, extending Daylight Saving Time beyond the current eight months requires an act of Congress.

Given both the nuisance factor and the significant costs imposed on all of us by being forced to change our clocks twice a year, I can’t understand why Congress hasn’t done away with the irrational time-change regime.

I’d like to see my fellow citizens reenact the last scene of the movie “Frankenstein”, carrying torches and pitchforks around the halls of Congress demanding that we be allowed to set our watches and clocks once and for all on DST or standard time, ending the oppression of government timekeeping.

Title: Answer a survey about athletes in the news | Accept
    Requester: Stephen Rush [A2RMYNTBU2I4PT] Contact
    TV: [Hrly=$17.97] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
    TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
    TO2: No Reviews
    Reward: 1.00
    Duration: 3:00:00
    Available: 1
    Description: Participants will read a news article and answer questions about the story
    Qualifications: Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 80; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US

Comment

Title: Rate Different People's Emotions | Accept
      Requester: Luke Chang [A2VZMCOVW3CCPE] Contact
      TV: [Hrly=$18.93] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
      TO: [Pay=4.51] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=4.85] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=80] [ToS=0]
      Reward: 2.00
      Duration: 30:00
      Available: 0
      Description: During this survey, you will watch a series of short (~30 second) clips and will then rate the emotions of featured individuals.
      Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Comment

Please join me in welcoming our newest member, Imkureous40 to the forums.

Comment

Title: A research study of social choices(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
        Requester: Jonathan Rolison [AXN1OVSLPP3A] Contact
        TV: [Hrly=$13.97] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
        TO: [Pay=3.03] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=4.75] [Reviews=32] [ToS=0]
        Reward: 1.00
        Duration: 50:00
        Available: 6
        Description: survey
        Qualifications: Exc: [743586323-202225] DoesNotExist ; Location In US

Comment

Good morning!

Time change sucks.

Comment

• Turking2Long
            Turking2Long commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes it does!

I hate it why can't they just leave it alone one way or the other

Comment

• cyvamp
            cyvamp commented
            Editing a comment
            The time change only bothered me when the kids were small, now I feel pretty much unaffected

Good Morning the time change has me all grumpy!

Comment

Good Morning Everyone! Make that money! Fisherman Glad your ok, Pal. Hope everything gets back to normal for you soon.

Comment

Title: Survey about your smartphone app use habit and physical activity | PANDA
              Requester: Jörg Königstorfer [A2ZLCZ4YUOM86D] (Req TV): $11.11/hr/hr
              (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
              Description: Give us your opinion about how you use smartphone apps to promote your physical activity
              Time: 2 hour(s)
              HITs Available: 1
              Reward: $1.50
              Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Title: Answer a short survey about current social and political issues in the United States. | PANDA
              Requester: Social Survey Lab [A1SDQL19TIC1JI] (Req TV): $-/hr
              Description: Take a 15-minute survey about current social and political issues in the United States. This survey is part of a national study being conducted by researchers in the School of Education and Social Policy at Northwestern University.
              Time: 45 minutes(s)
              Reward: $2.50
              Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

• Bear
                Bear commented
                Editing a comment
                under 7 minutes

• cyvamp
                cyvamp commented
                Editing a comment
                nice one

• Kizzy
                Kizzy commented
                Editing a comment
                This was a great hit. I loved everything about it down to the larger type.

Grrrr this time change stuff is stupid! I got up way late and now the critters are grumpy!
              Positive as f*&%! Be happy and everything else is a breeze!

Comment

Title: Answer a short survey about current social and political issues in the United States. | PANDA
              Requester: Social Survey Lab [A1SDQL19TIC1JI] (Req TV): $-/hr
              Description: Take a 15-minute survey about current social and political issues in the United States. This survey is part of a national study being conducted by researchers in the School of Education and Social Policy at Northwestern University.
              Time: 45 minutes(s)
              Reward: $2.50
              Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

All this tornado has done for me is to get me wanting to move again. I need a nice town that's drying up and dying off to move to. It's very "up and coming" here..and I don't like that. I love the South. I hate gentrification. I'm highly self-sufficient and I can work just as well anywhere that has a post office, electricity, and a good internet connection...and I need 6 more years of a decent public school system. Where should I be looking ?

Comment

• Turking2Long
                  Turking2Long commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Where I live is very affordable with good schools cheap property taxes, we still have homestead exemption here. BUT it is hurricane country..

• mominavan
                  mominavan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I live in the great town of Cushing, Oklahoma. Yes, we are in tornado alley, but for some reason(we think it is the Cimarron River) the tornados always go North or South of us. We are the oil capital of the world so we are full of oilfield workers that come and go. It is a town of about 9000. I have lived here all my life and we have amazing schools. Because of the extra funding from the oilfield we have a lot more in our schools than other schools in the state. A lot of Oklahoma teachers went on strike a couple of years ago because of being underpaid and not enough funding, but our schools didn't because the teachers are paid more and every child has things like computers and other things they need to flourish. Rent is a little high because of the oilfield, but if you want to buy their are some great homes for sale and taxes are reasonable. We are half way between Tulsa and Oklahoma City so it makes it convenient to go to both. We are also only 30 minutes from Stillwater and Oklahoma State University. You should look us up. I love living here and raising my kids here.
                  Last edited by mominavan; 03-08-2020, 04:07 PM.

• smartin
                  smartin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Fisherman I'd say come to Iowa, but you would hate the winter and the few areas that have really good schools that aren't huge districts are becoming high cost. The town I used to live in (Nevada - pronounced Nev-AH-da) had an awesome school district, nice small town and felt very much like home to me - It's only 10 miles outside of a college town so as time has gone along it is almost as expensive as living in that town directly. Plus we are in a tornado area too. I lived in eastern New Mexico as a child and my best friend's grandmother lived in the north eastern part of the state in a tiny town, if memory serves somewhere around Des Moines. It was nice up there. Her grandma was the Postmaster, the weather radio lady and something else - yes that small of a town. This might be a good opportunity to take a road trip for a bit this summer and scope out some places. There's a lot of nothingness in Nebraska and Kansas. There's a few towns/counties in Kansas that will offer you free land if you build a house within a specified amount of time. I remember seeing that once coming back from Colorado one year. Again though, tornado alley. Might need to look into the desert at this rate. There is no perfect place but I think that would be cool if we could have a little community of us somewhere. mominavan I sure miss the smell of oil fields!

cyvamp I think it was you that got the rejections from Ashley Walton have you heard anything or has your rejection been reversed. Mine has not and I haven't heard a word from her.

Comment

• kate
                  kate commented
                  Editing a comment
                  cyvamp [email protected]

• Kizzy
                  Kizzy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Kate for the email address and I am going to give it till Tuesday as well.

• cyvamp
                  cyvamp commented
                  Editing a comment
                  kate thank you!
              Working...
              X