banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

Lucky Friday the 13th HITs Friday March 13, 2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucky Friday the 13th HITs Friday March 13, 2020

Just like walking under a ladder, crossing paths with a black cat or breaking a mirror, many people hold fast to the belief that Friday the 13th brings bad luck. Though it’s uncertain exactly when this particular tradition began, negative superstitions have swirled around the number 13 for centuries.

While Western cultures have historically associated the number 12 with completeness (there are 12 days of Christmas, 12 months and zodiac signs, 12 labors of Hercules, 12 gods of Olympus and 12 tribes of Israel, just to name a few examples), its successor 13 has a long history as a sign of bad luck.

The ancient Code of Hammurabi, for example, reportedly omitted a 13th law from its list of legal rules. Though this was probably a clerical error, superstitious people sometimes point to this as proof of 13’s longstanding negative associations.

Fear of the number 13 has even earned a psychological term: triskaidekaphobia.

Morning everyone! Don't know how much I'll be working today. Everything got shut down basically in our county late yesterday afternoon. We now have my younger siblings with no school for 2 weeks too. Gonna be fun. Luckily everyone is healthy, except my wife who has a stuffy nose, but seeing as Coronavirus doesn't cause a stuffy nose and we are getting into spring, she's certain it's just allergies.

Comment

Good morning!

Comment

Title: Answer a survey about moral judgments | Accept
        Requester: Pontus Strimling [A3T18G5YWMVCP9] Contact
        TV: [Hrly=$19.55] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
        TO: [Pay=4.04] [Fast=4.51] [Comm=3.05] [Fair=4.57] [Reviews=118] [ToS=3]
        TO2: No Reviews
        Reward: 5.00
        Duration: 30:00
        Available: 1
        Description: Research survey about how you judge if something is right or wrong
        Qualifications: Participated in MFQ EqualTo 1

Comment

Title: Identify the target material in images | PANDA
          Requester: Mitchell [A2UD6G6HK4N3MZ] (Req TV): N/A
          (TO): [Pay: 3.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 4.00] [Fast: 5.00]
          Description: Identify the target material in images
          Time: 30 minutes(s)
          HITs Available: 1
          Reward: $1.20
          Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Title: Survey on perceptions of coronavirus oubreak | PANDA
            Requester: Florian Cova [A29PLMVORTGHKU] (Req TV): N/A
            (TO): [Pay: 4.88] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 5.00]
            Description: A survey about your perception of the coronavirus outbreak and your behavior
            Time: 1 hour(s)
            Reward: $1.50
            Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Hello All

Title: Attitudes Toward Digital Assistants | PANDA
              Requester: Nathanael Johnson [A7DBR7S7GS36N] (Req TV): $-/hr
              (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
              Description: You will be asked to read about some new digital assistants and respond to questions about your opinions on them.
              Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 85; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

If there's anyone left who can do these:

Title: Attention Task | PANDA
                Requester: Honey Lab [A1JPTS3SMZ257I] (Req TV): $12.92/hr/hr
                Description: Attend to a rapid stream of images. The experiment should take 25-45 minutes.
                Time: 1 hour(s) 12 minutes(s)
                Reward: $5.00
                Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 0; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Title: Qual for: Look at an edited image and describe why it was edited | PANDA
                  Requester: xlab research [A3IN1JY2L1NKWL] (Req TV): $20.99/hr/hr
                  Description: Look at an edited image and describe the impact of the edit! Interesting! NOTE: This is the qualification HIT.
                  Time: 3 hour(s)
                  Qualifications: fakeimg-qual DoesNotExist ; Location In AUCAGBIE; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98;
                  Positive as f*&%! Be happy and everything else is a breeze!

Comment

You've received a bonus from Research Team for work related to 306996CF6WTXZTXHHS479724GK3B16.

The value of your bonus is: $0.50 USD

The Requester included this note:

Congratulations, you passed all our attention checks! Therefore, you receive a $0.50 bonus payment. Thank you for participating.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Comment

Hi everyone. Yesterday all public facilities got shut down in my city. Last night the local school board voted to shut down altogether starting Monday. My kid is actually sad about that. Weirdo.

Comment

Happy Friday the 13th! I swear I'm not panicking, but I had awful dreams all night of having to fight my way through unruly crowds with my children. So my half asleep brain decided to keep them home from their half day of school today and reschedule my oldest's doctor appointment. Now I'm watching my friend's toddler while she braves the stores. It seems nothing around here has any meat left on the shelf!
                        Names have been drawn for the Our Hit Stop Gift Exchange. Don't forget to send a gift by December 21!.

Comment

Good Morning, Hope everyone stays well and stays out of the craziness going on right now.

Comment

2(ish) minutes
                            Title: Choices and Judgments(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
                            Requester: Nate Cheek [A20FNDOAL4RK6N] (Req TV): N/A
                            (TO): [Pay: 4.04] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00]
                            Description: Brief survey about choices
                            Time: 30 minutes(s)
                            HITs Available: 48
                            Reward: $0.60
                            Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [203836-203247] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US;

Comment

Title: Play a free mobile game and answer a usability survey | PANDA
                              Requester: Pierre Germain [AYZGDARMTG2H0] (Req TV): $-/hr
                              Description: Play at least 10 minutes and give us your opinion about our game
                              Reward: $4.00
                              Qualifications: Location EqualTo US;

Comment

• USMarineVet
                                USMarineVet commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Thanks, Bear. The app was choppy as hell and it took a while to navigate but hey, 4 bucks is 4 bucks. Deleted upon completion. Thanks for the hit. Not much going on this morning.
                            Working...
                            X