Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanctions

They are NOT going to work with Russia. They barely participate with the rest of the world. They export ONLY...very little import. Number one wheat exporter worldwide and number two oil exporter with production to rival the Middle East. But, it's a cute thought.
    Positive as f*&%! Be happy and everything else is a breeze!

agreed, nice but largely a waste of time.
    My goal is to build a life that I don't need a vacation from.

Comment

Its lip service and no more than that. We should have either stayed completely out of it or gone all in. Now it's to the point that no side can back down without being seen as weak on the world stage. This has gone from zero to no turning back in less than 24 hours.

Comment

• CrazyCatLady
        CrazyCatLady commented
        Editing a comment
        totally agree. it was a performative action and nothing good came of it.

China will sell stuff to Russia and buy their oil if we don't.

Comment

• witch1
        witch1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly! And if any country pushes back on Russia too much China will back Russia. There's no way that a joint China-Russia force will be defeated either.

Sanctions wont work on Putin because they won't affect him personally - they'll affect Russian citizens mainly, and Putin is prepared to see it as collateral damage. Also, the UK and US are mainly going after Russian banks and wealthy oligarchs. Do they actually think that the majority of Russia's worth is tied up in 'legitimate' banks? This isn't going to stop money flowing in and out of the country.

Comment

Sanctions didn't work with Iran. Or North Korea.

Comment

Listening to Biden now...totally spineless. I would have said "Ukraine, so you want to be a NATO member...well...as of today in the eyes of the United States...you ARE"
          My goal is to build a life that I don't need a vacation from.

Comment

• witch1
            witch1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Biden needs to either shut up or nut up. This is waaaaaay out of his league.

• NoelC
            NoelC commented
            Editing a comment
            It bothers me he didn't want to answer the question about communicating with China.

• witch1
            witch1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Me, too NoelC.

Here's a link to a translation of Putin's speech today: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...lated-excerpts

Comment

• witch1
            witch1 commented
            Editing a comment
            “Now a few important, very important words for those who may be tempted to intervene in the ongoing events. Whoever tries to hinder us, or threaten our country or our people, should know that Russia’s response will be immediate and will lead you to consequences that you have never faced in your history. We are ready for any turn of events. All necessary decisions in this regard have been made. I hope that I will be heard.”
            He is itching to go to war with Europe and us.

Biden is totally underestimating Putin. This speech is going to do nothing other than to spur Putin on.

Comment

• kate
            kate commented
            Editing a comment
            Biden just answered a question saying that if Russian enters a NATO country, then the US will have no choice but to get involved. That is Putin's cue to move into a NATO country, mark my words. That's the threat he's been waiting for.

• kate
            kate commented
            Editing a comment
            Biden: "The US will defend every inch of NATO territory with the full force of American power ... there is no doubt that the US and every NATO ally will meet our Article 5 commitments, which says an attack on one is an attack on all."

• witch1
            witch1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree kate. The Ukrainian President gave Belarus to Putin earlier so that puts Russia scary close to Romania. And Poland after.
        Working...
        X